incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Software grant for CXF
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:11:19 GMT

Robert,

On Wednesday 25 July 2007 13:48, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> > The question is how to get it into CXF.   The thought was that this
> > would basically be a software grant
> > (http://www.apache.org/licenses/#grants) which is the direction
> > Benson has started going (getting the CLA and grant forms approved
> > by their lawyers and such).
>
> a software grant sounds like the way to go

> in this case, though, the project accepting the grant is also the
> incubator so this complicates things just a little. the actual
> processing needs to be done by a member or officer. create a patch in
> JIRA containing the appropriate completed template then ask a member
> (for example, an appropriate mentor or ask for a volunteer here) to
> commit it here and post the appropriate notice.

Pardon me for being daft...   This is the first time I've really had to
work through a software grant.....

The software-grant.txt file requires a signature.   Thus, I assume that
requires it to be faxed in and cannot just be attached to a JIRA.
Would that go to the same fax number as the CLA's?   If not, is there a
better fax number?

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer