incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Software grant for CXF
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 16:19:45 GMT

Basis Technology has some very interesting javascript stuff that they'd
like to contribute to Apache CXF.   The CXF folks definitely think it's
a good idea and have some neat ideas to make it integrate even better.

The question is how to get it into CXF.   The thought was that this would
basically be a software grant (http://www.apache.org/licenses/#grants)
which is the direction Benson has started going (getting the CLA and
grant forms approved by their lawyers and such).

I assume the IPMC needs to accept this course of action as well as accept
the grant.      Is this something that needs a vote or, if the forms are
all sent OK, something that can be done via lazy consensus?

The other option is to attach it to a JIRA with the "assign to ASF" thing
checked, but I personally think this falls much more into the grant
category.   (They did create the JIRA issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-812 with an initial cut of the
code for us to review.   They specifically did NOT check the ASF button
until the legal issue is worked out.)

The threads:
http://www.nabble.com/Contribution-of-wsdl2js-tool-tf4111015.html
http://www.nabble.com/Re:-Contribution-of-wsdl2js-tool-tf4113367.html