incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: monthly reports
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2007 14:34:16 GMT

On Wednesday 11 July 2007 05:51, Xavier Hanin wrote:
> On 7/11/07, Noel J. Bergman <noel@devtech.com> wrote:
> > > Reports seems to be due tomorrow (July 11th), so maybe a reminder
> > > for other projects would be nice.
> >
> > And since they are due every month at the same time, it would be
> > nice if we
> > didn't constantly have to remind everyone every month.  :-)
>
> It's every month for you, but it's only every quarter for projects, so
> it's pretty easy to forget without a reminder :-) I now have a
> reminder in my google agenda to be (almost) sure I don't forget. Do
> you think having a public calendar for the three rates of quarterly
> reports would be useful? Or maybe an iCal calendar, it's more standard
> and can imported as a public google agenda too. It'd be useful for me,
> but I don't know for others.

How about a crontab that on the first of the month just sends a reminder
email to XXXX-private for each project that is due that month?   :-)

Seriously, this is a responsibility of the project to remember.   Once
the project graduates, they'll have to still make periodic board reports
so they really need to get used to remembering.

Dan

> Xavier
>
> But, yes, if you hadn't mentioned it, I was going to remind everyone
> today.
>
> > At a guess, some people probably got caught out by July 4th being a
> > holiday,
> > and this month having the 3rd week on the earlier side of the range.
> >
> >         --- Noel

J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer
IONA