incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject [graduation t-shirts] Usage Rules [WAS Re: Graduation T-Shirts]
Date Sun, 17 Jun 2007 09:27:00 GMT
(i think that there's general consensus that the idea is a good one but
there's still some details to be worked out)

On 5/9/07, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:

> i think graduation t-shirts/polo's/whatever might be cool but not
> really something that apache should find the money for
>
> however, it would be possible is to come up with a design and ask for
> trademark authorization (from the PRC) for use in personal T-Shirts
> for graduating committers and mentors. podlings would need to get this
> organized themselves and find a way to pay for them but we'd have the
> paperwork and design in place to allow them to do this.

the primary detail is how widely we want to license the design. IMO most of
the rest will flow from this fundamental decision.

if we see this as a marketing opportunity then we should publicly and freely
license the design

if we see this as a reward then we should restrict licensing to a limited
group (either apache committers or committers on the podling)

opinions?

- robert