incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [proposal] new and improved graduation guide
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 18:26:32 GMT
On 6/14/07, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/14/07, Craig L Russell <Craig.Russell@sun.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Martijn,
>

> i'm going to jump in here since there's a danger of toes being tread upon
>
> i've started porting the changes that have been made to the document since
> the revision Martijn forked so it's probably good if people could hold off
> patching the issues for a short while

i've now finished what i'll be able to do tonight. it probably needs
reviewing for style. please feel free to jump in and improve or pick up
what's remaining

1. Several of the links are broken; not sure if these are because of
> > your edits or because they're not relative. But they should be double-
> > checked.
>

> i will check, patch then commit

i'll  double check the rest once the main site has sync'd

2. Some of the details on removing the podling from incubation have
> > been removed in your proposal. For one thing, I'd like to see the
> > full path of the files included in the description, e.g.
> >
> > Update the svn incubator/trunk/site-author/projects/<podling>/
> > status.xml file to show the project's status
> > Remove the project from the right navigation bar of the incubator web
> > pages by updating svn incubator/trunk/site-author/stylesheets/
> > project.xml
> > Remove the project from the reporting calendar svn committers/board/
> > incubator-info.txt
>

> i'll check, patch then commit

i think that this is included in the material i've patched in

3. You might also see if there is a link with details on updating the
> > incubator website to replace these hints:
> > Regenerate the Incubator website
> > Commit
> > Update the Incubator website
>

> will do

done

4. One of the tasks is: Ensure that they have been added to the PMC
> > chairs group in svnauth
> >
> > In order to do this, they need to check out the svnauth file, which
> > won't happen until they are authorized. Maybe you can post a link to
> > the https: svn repository, which is devilishly difficult to construct
> > by inference. If they can check it out, they're ready.
> >
> > And maybe this section is where they should disconnect from the
> > Incubator reporting structure as the connect to the Board reporting
> > structure.
>

> i will check, patch then commit

good point but i have got to this one tonight. should have time to take a
look tomorrow unless someone beats me to it...

5. To perform many of the TLP tasks, infrastructure likes a single
> > issue to be filed under the category TLP Admin (these tasks are
> > supposed to get priority, as the TLP is unable to function without
> > them). There is a real jira you might use as a template at https://
> > issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-1245
>

> good point
>
> i will check, patch then commit

good point but i have got to this one tonight. should have time to take a
look tomorrow unless someone beats me to it...

- robert