incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graduation Guide Revision [WAS Re: Sending proposal to board: how to?]
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:46:47 GMT
On 6/14/07, Martijn Dashorst <martijn.dashorst@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/14/07, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> > could you post a diff against the revision you began with?
>
> I just did, but basically everything changed.

thought that might be the case

I copied the old stuff to a new document, whereby the whitespace was
> not preserved :-|

yeh

it can sometimes help to normalise the whitespace before making changes

Also, most text is moved from bottom to top and vice versa. I doubt
> any diff tool would be able to make it anything other than "I give up,
> everything changed"

you'd need one that understands semantic transformations and is able to
guess well. not sure that any exist ATM.

I attached a textual diff between the two documents based on the
> current website version and my published (p.a.o.) version. I also
> attached both text versions for easier diffing, for use in a graphical
> merge tool (winmerge for windows users, filemerge for osx users (in
> the developer tools folder!).

it needs to be a diff to the base revision

what's the base revision number you started from?

- robert