incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Podling Committer policy
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2007 15:50:00 GMT
Upayavira wrote:

> The implication here is that, if we consider the IPMC to have the role
> of overseeing podlings

Is there an "if" there?  ;-)  That *is* the job of the Incubator PMC, and it is the sole holder
of that role.

> IPMC members must have the necessary rights to do so.

The Incubator PMC is the managing entity of all things in the Incubator.  Nothing is private
from the Incubator PMC, by definition.

> perhaps IPMC members should have access to all podling private lists.

No perhaps about it.  Any Incubator PMC member who wants to be on any @i.a.o list can be;
if they have any difficulty being moderated on, they should contact me (or anyone else with
apmail karma).

> the right to see archives, but I don't know whether they'd need a
> member proxy to see the archives or if that can be done via unix
> perms on p.a.o).

At present all private list archives are available only to ASF Members.  This is not policy
so much as a pragmatic limitation of available ACLs.  apmail is the owner and apmember is
the group.  We have talked about having a protected web interface to private lists, but thus
no one has stepped to do it.  And there are issues to resolve related to granularity of access.

	--- Noel