incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Incubator reports
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2007 17:12:41 GMT
Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:

> Noel J. Bergman <noel@devtech.com> wrote:
> > robert burrell donkin wrote:

> > > the wiki schedules don't seem to work very well
> > > i like the idea of using RDF meta-data and storing it in subversion
> > So you want to re-cast incubator-info.txt in RDF?
> > RDF is the direction that Dave was working on.

> i think that there are a couple of distinct questions:
> 1. should the information be public?

Yes.  Why not?

> 2. should the information be machine readable?

IMO, yes.

I like, I think, all of this to be in the STATUS files, putting everything
in one place per project, rather than needing to update both the STATUS and
incubator-info.txt files.  We could then eliminate incubator-info.txt.  But
am open to other views.  The goal should be to eliminate the redundant data,
and generate artifacts from a single (optionally, per-project) canonical
source.  This could tie in well with projects.apache.org.

	--- Noel