incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Podling Committer policy
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 16:03:00 GMT

On Jun 7, 2007, at 2:35 AM, Paul Fremantle wrote:

> My apologies if I'm resurrecting something that was discussed
> extensively.

Well, yes, there have been three threads on this subject in the past
month, having about 50 emails on the subject.

Please see the incubator-general archives with subjects
Adding new committers process
PPMC guidance on new committers
incubator-57

> It has been pointed out to me that:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INCUBATOR-57
>
> The actual votes are held on the private lists. I'm not sure I
> understand that. I would have thought that - after having the pre-vote
> discussion on the private lists, the main vote would happen on the
> podling-dev and general@incubator lists.
>
> Can someone please explain the logic to me?

Discussed extensively on the previous threads. Perhaps you could
review these and follow up with some specific comments...

Craig