incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [proposal] new and improved graduation guide
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 16:35:02 GMT
Hi Martijn,

1. Several of the links are broken; not sure if these are because of
your edits or because they're not relative. But they should be double-

2. Some of the details on removing the podling from incubation have
been removed in your proposal. For one thing, I'd like to see the
full path of the files included in the description, e.g.

Update the svn incubator/trunk/site-author/projects/<podling>/
status.xml file to show the project's status
Remove the project from the right navigation bar of the incubator web
pages by updating svn incubator/trunk/site-author/stylesheets/
Remove the project from the reporting calendar svn committers/board/

3. You might also see if there is a link with details on updating the
incubator website to replace these hints:
Regenerate the Incubator website
Update the Incubator website

4. One of the tasks is: Ensure that they have been added to the PMC
chairs group in svnauth

In order to do this, they need to check out the svnauth file, which
won't happen until they are authorized. Maybe you can post a link to
the https: svn repository, which is devilishly difficult to construct
by inference. If they can check it out, they're ready.

And maybe this section is where they should disconnect from the
Incubator reporting structure as the connect to the Board reporting

5. To perform many of the TLP tasks, infrastructure likes a single
issue to be filed under the category TLP Admin (these tasks are
supposed to get priority, as the TLP is unable to function without
them). There is a real jira you might use as a template at https://