incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: To vote or not to vote
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2007 20:15:10 GMT
Hi Robert,

On Jun 18, 2007, at 5:29 AM, robert burrell donkin wrote:

> On 6/9/07, Craig L Russell <Craig.Russell@sun.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Jun 8, 2007, at 5:16 PM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>
>> > We subsequently changed the bootstrap process.  I'd have to go back
>> > to the
>> > archives, but late October 2006, I believe.
>>
>> I'd like to see where this process was incorporated into a change of
>> Policy or any other incubator document.
>>
>> What I'm after here is to synchronize the current expectations of the
>> incubator with documented Policy or Process. It seems that they are
>> out of sync at the moment.
>

> +1
>
> IMO the IPMC can't run effectively on private, unwritten rules
>
> IMO all policy changes need to be patches to the policy document

+1 to all that.

Earlier, I raised some specific issues in this thread, and I'd
appreciate hearing from you which issues you think we can get enough
agreement on to publish in the policy document.

When I raised these issues, no one seemed interested, and at least a
few were actively pushing back.

So rather than me pushing the rope again, could you help identify the
specific issues?

Thanks,

Craig

> - robert