incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: How to update projects.apache.org
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 17:11:50 GMT

On Jun 27, 2007, at 9:20 AM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> On 6/27/07, David Reid <david@jetnet.co.uk> wrote:
>> Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>
>> > I have added the Felix project to the
>> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure/site-tools/trunk/
>> projects,
>> > and there is build.xml file in there, but it references
>> > ../tools/xdocs2/scripts/build.pl which was I doesn't got when
>> checking
>> > out the trunk.
>>
>> Erm, well what you need to do is simply create an DOAP file and
>> host it
>> in your SVN repository. Once you've done that you let us know
>> where it
>> and your project will automagically appear on the website. :-)
>
> Ok. I thought I'd spare you the trouble, and added the <location>
> entry in the projects/files.xml myself. And that is committed.
> I just thought that I need to do a build step manually...
>
>> You'll also need to create a PMC file, but I usually just take
>> care of
>> that :-)
>
> Yeah, I know. However, a bit crammed for time today. Will get to that
> later in week (if I have Internet access (travelling)).
>
>> > What do I need to do next??
>>
>> Does such a thing as a "what to do now you're a tlp" faq exist?

Yes, it's called http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html
and updates to the section http://incubator.apache.org/guides/
graduation.html#new-project-hand-over would be appreciated,
especially pointers to specific instructions.

If you don't have incubator-site privileges, just the text would
help, and one of the incubator folks will make the change.

Thanks,

Craig

> I can't recall any, but I think that Martijn Dashorst is working on
> such paper for the Incubator, after the Wicket graduation. Any info
> that should go into it, please forward to general@incubator.apache.org
>

> Cheers
> Niclas

Craig Russell