incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Incubator new committer redux
Date Sat, 30 Jun 2007 21:56:58 GMT
The thread has died down with no consensus, so I'm going to try again.

Regarding how a Podling can get a "new to Apache" committer. First,
the rules:

1. Only the Incubator PMC can vote in a new committer, with three +1
and no -1 votes recorded.

2. All Incubator PMC members should be able to participate in the
vote if they choose to.

3. The Podling PMC should be learning how to govern the project,
meaning that they should practice how to vote.

I think we have agreed that the [DISCUSS] of a new committer can
happen on the Podling PMC private list and the discussion can be
summarized by the Mentors to the Incubator PMC private list. The
issue is how to organize the binding vote.

I think we have two proposals on the table that are practical.

1. The [VOTE] thread runs simultaneously on both the IPMC and PPMC
private lists, and all voting occurs simultaneously on both lists.

2. The [VOTE] thread runs first on the PPMC private list (not
binding) and then on the IPMC private list (binding) and the Mentors
provide feedback in both directions.

Have I missed any?

Craig Russell
DB PMC, OpenJPA PMC