incubator-general mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: Podling Committer policy
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2007 12:37:56 GMT
Craig L Russell wrote:

> On Jun 19, 2007, at 1:37 PM, robert burrell donkin wrote:
>
>> On 6/7/07, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> All very good suggestions.

>>> committer is
>>> in that
>
> I think it is difficult for IPMC members to participate in the
> discussion, since in general the only IPMC members who are subscribed to
> the PPMC list are Mentors. And for IPMC members who are not Apache
> Members, it's impossible.
>
> I might be confused; maybe someone can explain how the IPMC participates
> in the discussion on a different private list.

The implication here is that, if we consider the IPMC to have the role
of overseeing podlings, IPMC members must have the necessary rights to
do so. Thus, just like members have access to all private lists, perhaps
IPMC members should have access to all podling private lists. (I guess
that means the right to subscribe, and the right to see archives, but I
don't know whether they'd need a member proxy to see the archives or if
that can be done via unix perms on p.a.o).

Upayavira