incubator-general mailing list archives

From Martin van den Bemt <mll...@mvdb.net>
Subject Re: To vote or not to vote
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2007 08:53:01 GMT
I think voting for a mentor is the good thing to do, at least on the dev / ppmc (assuming it
is
healthy) of the podling. At least that was my condition to be added as a Mentor for Trinidad
at that
time. I like the group that needs to work with you to make the final call (as a general rule,
there
can always be exceptions of course)

Even though we use the concept of merit heavily, that doesn't mean that merit is always a
match with
that specific project.

OTOH this is also a non issue, since there is rather a shortage of mentors, so there probably
will
vote down a mentor when they need one :)

(not really a reply to your mail, just some thoughts about this)

Mvgr,
Martin