incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: NMS
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 16:04:34 GMT
On Thursday 07 June 2007 21:34, Paul Fremantle wrote:
> > Since this seems to be in the Idea category... I would have thought
> > that there would need some patents in place to enforce it.
>
> Not really. Once you agree to a contract (like that license) its
> simply contract law, AFAIK.

Nitpicking, AFAIUI, contract law covers contracts, which has two parties. A
click-thru license agreement only has one signatory (You), who are given
rights according to a set of conditions. Once you violate those conditions
the license is void. Contracts are quid pro quo, meaning both parties are
giving something to get something else. Licenses are normally not written
that way.
I assume definitions varies between jurisdictions.

However, the above fairly is irrelevant to the case at hand.

Cheers
Niclas