incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Podling Committer policy
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:55:24 GMT
Getting back to my original comment, I don't see how the IPMC can
meaningfully participate in a discussion or vote held on the PPMC
private mailing list. I don't think it's reasonable for an IPMC
member who is exercising oversight in the specific case of a new
committer to be required to subscribe to the podling's private PPMC
mailing list for this purpose.

What might work is for the [DISCUSS] and [VOTE] of the candidate to
be held simultaneously on the PPMC private mailing list and the IPMC
private mailing list. All of both the IPMC and PPMC can fully
participate in the process. Then, at the end of the [VOTE] it will be
clear whether the vote passed.