incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: [STATUS] (incubator) Wed May 30 23:55:31 2007
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 09:17:21 GMT
On Jun 4, 2007, at 3:05 AM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Leo Simons wrote:
>> I've deleted the file from SVN. Please remove the crontab that sends
>> these emails.
>
> You don't feel that it had any value if updated?

When it comes to status, I believe "unknown" is better than
"outdated" which is better than "wrong".

Keeping track of status is a good thing. Status tracking should go
into one system (you can get away with two, where one is schedule-
related backward-looking and the other is non-schedule-related
forward-looking, which we have with (1) wiki and (2) jira). We
weren't maintaining the third.

I feel that, even if this file were *kept* updated, it would only
have value if at least one of the other two would go away, since
otherwise it is just duplicating things.

Empirically, we have found that we don't update this STATUS file
enough to be useful. I believe that is because we keep the status
elsewhere (wiki and jira).

cheers!

- Leo, who followed the "it is sometimes better to ask for
forgiveness than permission" paradigm