incubator-general mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Request for Comments - Pnuts as Incubator Project?!]
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 17:48:06 GMT

Hello Siegfried!

Siegfried Goeschl <> writes:

> since I'm basically an ASF newbie I would like to ask for some feedback
> if you would think pnuts as suitable candidate for an incubator project.
> Your feedback would help me a lot convincing the pnuts community to move
> over to Apache.

Has the community expressed any interest already?  And how much
community is there beyond Tomatsu?

While a existing, active community isn't a requirement to enter
incubation, it is a requirement to exit.  So my concern is that pnuts
has been around for a while, yet not attracted much of a community (at
least that's my perception and it could be wrong).  Again, that alone
isn't enough to stop a proposal, just something to consider.  It's
possible that pnuts is more suited for a place like codehaus than

On a related note, there are a ton of JVM languages now.  I wouldn't
want to give the impression that a specific one is "sanctioned" by the
ASF. In fact, I think it would be cool to see several JVM languages
and related research in Apache.  I mean, we have a VM now (almost).
That could foster some really interesting "harmony."  :)

  J Aaron Farr        [US] +1 724-964-4515
    馮傑仁     [HK] +852 8123-7905

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message