incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Shane Isbell" <shane.isb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] Incubator Maven Repository
Date Tue, 15 May 2007 21:03:51 GMT
Hi Noel,

Correct, using a URI does not require a specific implementation; but in
today's environment, if someone needs a different repo format, they get one
of two responses: 1) create your own repo that uses a different repo format;
or 2) use the same repo format but transform the artifact names. Thus,
the repos - as they exists within the community - are, for all effective
purposes, implementation specific: none of them can be used for custom
formats. Thus the API is adequate, but the implementation may prove
problematic in the long run. I decided to go with option 2; but the point is
that this issue will keep coming up as developers add new languages and
require new formats.

Regards,
Shane