incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Shane Isbell" <shane.isb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] Incubator Maven Repository
Date Tue, 15 May 2007 16:57:46 GMT
Just to clarify, the implementation is now as follows: NMaven uses the
default repo format remotely and then transforms locally; this is the most
pragmatic approach, and I don't have any immediate concerns. The problem,
however, is that we are exposing the internal schema to the client; this
creates a fair amount of confusion as people look for a general schema that
satisfies the various languages, as opposed to a general API, say through
REST or SOAP. Although HTTP GET with a URL may qualify as an API, under its
current form its really implementation (file-system) specific. I would be
surprised if this issue doesn't keep coming up, as people become interested
in using Maven for other languages.

Shane