incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceMix 3.1.1 (2nd try)
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 22:20:46 GMT

> robert burrell donkin wrote:
> > On 5/28/07, Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Just a friendly reminder.  We're missing anoter IPMC vote ...
> >
> > issues
> > -------
> >
> > i think that apache-servicemix-3.1.1-incubating.tar.gz has some
> > libraries in lib that are missing their LICENSE/NOTICE entries (eg
> > howl, jencks)
> There are licensed under ASL 2.0 and don't have any NOTICE file afaik.

cool

> Should all the jars be listed in the LICENSE / NOTICE file ? My assumption
> was that only those who had some attributions somehow or with a
> different license
> need to be, but correct me if I'm wrong.

it is safe to release without listing them (and if this were the only
issue then i would probably have voted affirmatively)

but the aim should be to allow people to understand the licensing of
releases without need to ask questions or do research. if i don't
understand the licensing then i will ask. so, it's a good idea to note
the licenses for all jars since it avoids the need to answer questions
like this...

<snip>

> > otherwise generally ok but i have a few questions
> >
> > source in
> > http://people.apache.org/~gnodet/servicemix-3.1.1-incubating/org/apache/servicemix/samples/wsdl-first/wsdl-first-jsr181-su/3.1.1-incubating/
> >
> > lacks headers. is this going to be released? if so, are these
> > generated?
> >
> > are the jars under
> > http://people.apache.org/~gnodet/servicemix-3.1.1-incubating/ going to
> > be released?
> >
> > servicemix-wsn2005-3.1.1-incubating-sources.jar contains lots of java
> > sources without headers (mostly under
> > org.apache.servicemix.wsn.jaxws). is this going to be released? if so,
> > are these generated?
> Yeah, lots of these files are generated.  Files generated are not in svn
> so we usually check the headers on the svn tree rather than the source
> jars generated by maven.  These jars are not meant to be built for only
> contain all the java sources for debugging purposes.   If you want to
> build these jars, you need to use the source distribution or use the svn
> tag.

fine

i hope to be a bit more prompt with the review next time

- robert