incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ODE 1.0
Date Mon, 28 May 2007 12:29:26 GMT
On 5/28/07, ant elder <ant.elder@gmail.com> wrote:
> "When a distribution contains code under several licenses, the LICENSE file
> should contain details of all these licenses. For each component which is
> not Apache licensed, details of the component and the license under which
> the component is distributed should be appended to the LICENSE file."
>
> See:
> http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#distributing-code-under-several-licenses

true

however, this is not policy but "best practice"/"strongly
recommendation"/"likely to become policy". it is likely that if
detailed policy were ever felt necessary then this would be the
policy.

(yes, it is confusing: this is the price for keeping formal policy to
a minimum)

AIUI licenses for other code must be distributed. providing that
project adopts a clear organisation which allows people to easily find
out the license for each document distributed that's ok by me.

(maybe cliff will jump in here with comments if i've misunderstood anything)

- robert