incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graduation T-Shirts
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 22:05:30 GMT
On 5/9/07, Martijn Dashorst <martijn.dashorst@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/9/07, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> > however, it would be possible is to come up with a design and ask for
> > trademark authorization (from the PRC) for use in personal T-Shirts
> > for graduating committers and mentors. podlings would need to get this
> > organized themselves and find a way to pay for them but we'd have the
> > paperwork and design in place to allow them to do this.
>
> If this could go through CafePress or some similar online shop, the
> foundation could even get some (small) cut of the revenue. Might be
> nice.

traditionally, apache has not merchandised directly (and it seems a
little unfair to charge committers more than cost). it's difficult to
do right given our charitable status. it's generally easier for
individuals to set up themselves and then donate any profits to apache
(if they feel they want to).

> "Come and get your Apache Incubator Graduation Gift Set. Now features
> 2 coffee mugs for staying awake during those long nights building a
> release and fighting maven!"

this sound more appropriate to entering the incubator ;-)

- robert