incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Fix Release Distribution (Outside maven repo)
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 07:04:52 GMT
On 5/7/07, Craig L Russell <> wrote:
> Hi Robert,
> +1 for getting this going.
> My only concern is the slightly ambiguous #7. I don't know that there
> is a standard layout for releases. It sure would be nice.

there is a standard layout for the directory structure containing the
artifacts but the documentation describing it isn't anywhere obvious

> I really hate to bring up maven since the subject is clearly non-
> maven, but I expect many projects to build the source and binary
> release artifacts using maven. So it might be good to see what the
> maven folks would produce, before we hard code the standard layout.

the standard layout is based on requirements for efficient mirroring
and predates the maven repository here at apache

- robert

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message