incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <>
Subject Re: counting downloads
Date Sun, 06 May 2007 10:58:47 GMT
On 5/3/07, Danny Angus <> wrote:
> On 5/2/07, Garrett Rooney <> wrote:
> > > Do other projects have a good way to track this? I know we could pull
> > > the logs for the p.a.o webserver and grep through them looking for
> > > things, but I'm wondering if there's something we can put on our
> > > download page that users would click on that would count things?
> James uses google analytics. We currently count the hits to the
> download cgi page, which is probably over generous, but you can put
> google javascript on the links to the files themselves, we just
> haven't done it.

i'm going to need to create download pages for the incubator. this
isn't one of my personal itches and i would need to research the
analytics-foo. but if someone wants to create a JIRA with the required
javascripts, i'll take a look at including it.

any volunteers?

- robert

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: