incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: counting downloads
Date Sun, 06 May 2007 10:55:57 GMT
On 5/3/07, Daniel Kulp <daniel.kulp@iona.com> wrote:

> Noel,
>
> On Thursday 03 May 2007 03:59, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > > Except you forget one detail: incubator artifacts don't go to the
> > > mirror system.
> >
> > And that's changing/changed.
>
> Can I ask when?    The vote that was called in mid march [1] never had
> a "result" posted.   The discussion [2] that started that vote also
> didn't seem to reach any type of concensus.

we've now had a clear call from infra

(incubator works within broader apache policy)

i've done this kind of infrastructure work before so i'll pull
together a plan in JIRA and run it past people on this list and infra

> I guess my major concern right now is the CXF/Wicket releases that have
> gone out in the lasts couple days.   Did we do the right thing just
> putting them in /www/people.apache.org/dist/incubator or should they
> have gone to the mirrors?   There isn't
> a /www/www.apache.org/dist/incubator directory.     Anyway, I'd just
> like to make sure we didn't do something wrong due to a policy change I
> missed.   (I could easily have missed it, email overload and all)

don't worry - IIRC the policy hasn't changed yet

IMHO this is something that needs to be fixed by the IPMC. it's going
to take a little while to pull everything together. we have some
scripts in jakarta that generate the download pages from meta-data and
that's the direction i think we need to move in. (they also have some
cool RSS/news stuff for releases is cool)

i'd rather have CXF and wicket in the old places and have the time to
do this properly than delay the releases or rush the move

- robert