incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Arnuad Simon as committer for Qpid
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 23:08:30 GMT
Hey,

On 5/29/07, Yoav Shapira <yoavs@apache.org> wrote:
> I always thought (and the documentation at
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html) says PPMC votes are
> binding.  There were plenty of PPMC +1 votes without my vote.  If I'm
> wrong, it (a) sucks because other PPMC members don't learn the Apache
> Way, and we're telling them they don't count, and (b) the
> documentation link above is out of date.

Having now caught up with a coupe of other threads, I think the
direction we're going (where only IPMC member votes count, and other
PPMC committer votes do not) REALLY sucks.  It makes the PPMC vote a
joke.  I strongly prefer that what the documentation at the above URL
stay as-is and that process continue to be used.

Yoav