incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Arnuad Simon as committer for Qpid
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 23:03:46 GMT
Hey,

> > Vote results so far
> > 15     +1 votes
> > 1       0
> > No   -1.
>
> Yes, but I only see two +1 that are binding:
>
> > Cliff Schmidt
> > Paul Frematle
>
> Did I miss a third?  A few of us have been reviewing the vote summary and
> thread today, and none of us notice a third +1 vote.  Resolvable, but we
> need for everyone to pay attention to this stuff.  :-)

I voted +0, not having had time to review the proposed committer's
contributions.

I always thought (and the documentation at
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html) says PPMC votes are
binding.  There were plenty of PPMC +1 votes without my vote.  If I'm
wrong, it (a) sucks because other PPMC members don't learn the Apache
Way, and we're telling them they don't count, and (b) the
documentation link above is out of date.

Yoav