incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: guides/graduation
Date Mon, 14 May 2007 11:39:53 GMT
Hi,

> "The community mailing list is open to all Apache committers. This is
> the right list for
> questions about community and on community building. Subscriptions
> should be from an Apache email address."
>
> In my experience, the community mailing lists are open to everyone
> and it's not particularly useful to request that subscriptions be
> from an Apache email address.

I like the last sentence.  As a moderator for many ASF mailing lists,
having subscription requests from apache.org addresses make like a lot
easier.  Please don't remove that last sentence ;)  Since that
particular list is indeed open to the world, maybe a slight rephrasing
 along the lines of "if you've got an Apache address, please use it to
subscribe" would be better.

Yoav