incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: [POLL] Incubator Maven Repository
Date Tue, 15 May 2007 16:30:19 GMT

On 6 May 07, at 8:56 PM 6 May 07, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> Shane,
>
> Honestly, it sounds like the NMaven stuff will need a complete new
> set of
> repositories for NMaven artifacts.   There isn't any way, IMO, that
> the
> repo layout can change for the normal maven 1 and maven 2
> repositories.

There is already a full proposal by Dan Fabulich of BEA who works
extensively with .Net and we've already beaten that horse to death.
It's not changing. The assemblies can have their constituents renamed
while packaging or they can use a different repository. A system that
cannot use version numbers in artifacts is defective IMO, but we'll
figure something out. But the chances of changing the existing
structure are pretty close to zero. I haven't seen any compelling
arguments.

Shane, you've looked at Dan Fabulich's document. I assume Brett must
have pointed you to it at this point.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl