incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Martijn Dashorst" <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PPMC guidance on new committers
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 13:22:32 GMT
On 5/30/07, Carl Trieloff <cctrieloff@redhat.com> wrote:
> behind this practice. If the mail to root has to be cc-ed to general
> list and PPMC  and has 3 PMC votes on it then it would seem to me that
> it could be send by anyone.

I can only think of one reason: private@incubator is not accessible to
PPMC members that are not IPMC members. If the commiter acceptance
vote is held in private, there is no way for a PPMC member to provide
a link to that vote.

That said, I think letting PPMC members send the message to root is
great for educational purposes and lets the podling integrate more
into Apache ways.

Martijn

Wicket 1.2.6 contains a very important fix. Download Wicket now!
http://wicketframework.org