incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Martijn Dashorst" <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Branding Guide clarification (was Re: to brand or not to brand?)
Date Sat, 26 May 2007 12:38:40 GMT
On 5/26/07, Justin Erenkrantz <justin@erenkrantz.com> wrote:
> Do you have a suggestion as to how it should read?

I would shift a bit within the sentences, so that the things that are
permitted get their own section. something like the following:

[...]
A Podling and affiliated persons can issue press releases that
reference the Podling, but cannot issue press releases with the
specific intent of announcing the Podling. The ASF will not issue any
press releases for any podling at this stage. However, the Public
Relations Committee MUST review any press releases by affiliated
organizations or groups to ensure they comply with these branding
guidelines.

A Podling can conduct informal PR activities without having to go
through the PRC. Examples of informal PR activities are media
outreach, blog publicity, technical articles, etc. The article may use
Apache <Podling> in such articles, provided the incubation status is
mentioned: "Apache Foo, currently incubating at the Apache Software
Foundation, can be used to bar the foo. In this article we will show
how to use Foo to accelerate the development of bars and..."
[...]

Of course, I am very open to suggestions to make this better, shorter
or completely different.

> The prohibition is on 'formal' press releases surrounding the fact
> that it incubated - but it's certainly okay to write articles and
> stuff - just make sure that it says it's under incubation, blah, blah.

That is what I figured. Thanks for the clarification.

Martijn

Wicket 1.2.6 contains a very important fix. Download Wicket now!
http://wicketframework.org