incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Martijn Dashorst" <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: to brand or not to brand?
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 09:28:54 GMT
> Mmm, it's still not completely clear. Is the phrase "However, the
> Public Relations Committee MUST review any releases by affiliated
> organizations or groups to ensure they comply with these branding
> guidelines." referring to press release announcing the podling only,
> or to all press releases? Since it seems it's not allowed to issue
> press releases announcing the release, I'd think it's for press
> releases that reference the podling. And that's what my article will
> do, reference the podling.

I think the gist is in the term "Press release". I think a press
release is something other than an article. A press release is
something like "Foo is adopting Apache Ivy in its product line and
providing professional support for it." and send it across the wire,
i.e. an announcement.

This is of course something different than "This is how you manage
your Java project dependencies using Apache Ivy, currently undergoing
incubation at the Apache Incubator." which is published on
theserverside.com and/or infoq.

> So I'll follow Niclas advice and submit the article to the PRC, it
> doesn't hurt (well, I hope :-))

True, but it might wake up sleeping dogs :)

Martijn

Wicket 1.2.6 contains a very important fix. Download Wicket now!
http://wicketframework.org