incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Paul Fremantle" <pzf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Request for Comments - Pnuts as Incubator Project?!]
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 10:12:53 GMT
That might be a problem to really generate interest. Apache first and
foremost generates interest amongst developers who want to contribute
the project, so I think you need to have an interesting list of things
that need contribution.

I have one tho - is anyone thinking of adding native XML support to
pnuts (aka E4X or REXML)?

Paul

On 5/11/07, Siegfried Goeschl <siegfried.goeschl@it20one.at> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> IMO opinion the core language is pretty much stable - supports
> compilation to Java classes, JSR-223 (Java 6.0) runs with security
> manager and JWS, has good documentation, provides system for extension
> modules ...
>
> I see improvements for the optional pnuts modules, e.g. the optional
> modules I used where not feature complete but this is expected.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Siegfried Gooeschl
>

> Paul Fremantle wrote:
> > I don't know enough about the pnuts community to know if it will make
> > a good incubation project, but thanks for bringing it to my attention
> > - looks like a neat language! And if it does come here I'll certainly
> > join the discussions.
> >
> > One question I have is how much of pnuts is done and how much is still
> > to do? That's always an interesting aspect for a incubator project.
> >
> > Paul

> >> move
> >>
> >> I couldn't care less, but if there are genuine interest from Apache
> >> folks, I'll support the idea of putting it into incubation.
> >>

> >> Cheers
> >> Niclas

Paul Fremantle

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle