incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Change "Mentor" to "Mentors" in Incubator Policy
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 12:36:50 GMT

On May 20, 2007, at 5:12 PM, Craig L Russell wrote:

> Please review the changes in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/
> INCUBATOR-60 and vote to accept them. Since this is Incubator
> Policy, an affirmative vote is needed before changing. The JIRA
> issue has .html files to review in addition to the patch.
>
> [ ] +1 Accept the changes
> [ ] -1 Don't accept the changes because...
>
> This vote will run until Tuesday May 23.

There is, afaik, still some people who think that having
more than one Mentor is unwise (the old saw is more than
one mentor means no mentors)... If a podling wishes
to have just 1, we should honor that, I think.

Therefore I would think some sort of statement such
as "The term 'Mentor' is not designed to be either
singular or plural, and can either mean a single Mentor
or a group of Mentors" or some such thing...

I'm not ready to vote on it yet...