incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: to brand or not to brand?
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 18:13:29 GMT
Mmm, it's still not completely clear. Is the phrase "However, the
Public Relations Committee MUST review any releases by affiliated
organizations or groups to ensure they comply with these branding
guidelines." referring to press release announcing the podling only,
or to all press releases? Since it seems it's not allowed to issue
press releases announcing the release, I'd think it's for press
releases that reference the podling. And that's what my article will
do, reference the podling.

So I'll follow Niclas advice and submit the article to the PRC, it
doesn't hurt (well, I hope :-))

Thanks for your help,

Xavier

On 5/22/07, Martijn Dashorst <martijn.dashorst@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just read it and it seems to me that the technical article Xavier is
> trying to publish would not need to be passed to the PRC.
>
> In my understanding this falls in the category of informal pr
> activities, as long as the article is not intended as a press release
> announcing the Podling.
>
> But I always look for the most broad and beneficial pov for a project
> of course. :)
>
> [...]
> A podling and affiliated persons can issue press releases that
> reference the podling, but cannot issue press releases with the
> specific intent of announcing the Podling. Podling can conduct
> informal pr activities, such as media outreach, blog publicity, etc.
> The ASF will not issue any press releases for any podling at this
> stage. However, the Public Relations Committee MUST review any
> releases by affiliated organizations or groups to ensure they comply
> with these branding guidelines.
> [...]
>
> Martijn
>
> --
> Learn Wicket at ApacheCon Europe: http://apachecon.com
> Join the wicket community at irc.freenode.net: ##wicket
> Wicket 1.2.6 contains a very important fix. Download Wicket now!
> http://wicketframework.org

Manage your dependencies with Ivy!
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/