incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: counting downloads
Date Sun, 06 May 2007 07:30:51 GMT
FYI, Vadim is already providing stats on some (non incubating) projects:
http://people.apache.org/~vgritsenko/stats/projects/index.html

I don't know if it's easy for him to add incubating projects, and how
he deals with mirrors. In a sense even if the download counter is not
accurate, I agree with eelco to say that the trend can still be
interesting.

Xavier

On 5/2/07, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:
> We're curious to see how many downloads we're getting, perhaps sorted by
> ip number or who's downloading (I realize that would need be
> "volunteered" information).
> Do other projects have a good way to track this? I know we could pull
> the logs for the p.a.o webserver and grep through them looking for
> things, but I'm wondering if there's something we can put on our
> download page that users would click on that would count things?
>
> -Marshall Schor

Manage your dependencies with Ivy!
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/