incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Todo or not todo: cc'ing podling-private@ when sending message to private@
Date Sun, 20 May 2007 23:55:42 GMT
Hi Martijn,

On May 20, 2007, at 3:45 PM, Martijn Dashorst wrote:

> In the doc's for voting in a new PPMC member [1] it is stated that a
> message with the vote results should be sent to the private@incubator
> list. Should the PPMC private list be on the CC list? If so, shall I
> provide a patch to add this to the doc?

Since the PPMC just conducted the vote, I don't think it's necessary
except for the purpose of communicating to the PPMC members that the
IPMC was informed. But I don't see it as not recommended either. I'd
be happy if you added the cc to PPMC as long as you put into the doc
the fact that it's just to let PPMC know the IPMC was informed. Even
better (see below) would be to forward the PPMC a copy of the message
sent to the IPMC.
> In more general terms: is it considered good practise to CC both
> parties with 'official' communication between the private@ and the
> podling-private@?

Generally, I'd say that it might be confusing. Perhaps better to
forward messages of interest to the IPMC instead of copying them.
That way, each group knows what the purpose of the message is.