incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sending proposal to board: how to?
Date Mon, 28 May 2007 01:38:08 GMT
On 5/27/07, Martijn Dashorst <martijn.dashorst@gmail.com> wrote:
> The graduation guide is a bit vague and incomplete on one point:
> sending the resolution to the board.
>
> It is mentioned in the process description to send a message to the
> board (to board@), but there are of course no example messages to be
> found (board@ is not public).
>
> It would be nice to add the board@ list from the process description
> to the graduation guide (which I'll do soon), and perhaps mention a
> typical message that can be an inspiration for other Podlings.
>
> However, for proposing graduation to the IPMC a lot of templates are
> available, as anyone can search the general@ list for [vote]
> graduation. Are such templates, or guidelines for communicating with
> the board available?
>
> In its bare essentials I could just send the resolution to board@, but
> I think that gives the board a bit too much to dig through (what is
> that podling?, did the IPMC vote, are all status check marks checked?,
> etc). Of course these would be covered by the IPMC, however I can
> imagine that a member of the board at least wants to check what the
> project is.

I think you just need to send the resolution with a note attached
indicating that the IPMC has voted for Wicket to graduate (with link
to the relevant vote thread) and a request to include it for
consideration at the next board meeting. Probably a good idea to cc
this list - so that people here know that you've sent it - then if it
gets stuck in moderation or it for some reason doesn't get put on the
agenda someone can chase it up for you.

Niall