incubator-general mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Adding new committers process
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 20:20:07 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Upayavira wrote:
>

>> If your private@ list vote had three +1s from IPMC members (e.g.
>> your mentors), then IMO all you need to do is inform the IPMC of
>> the vote when complete.
>>

> Should probably notify the PMC at the time of the vote.
>

>> the request for an account should be sent by an IPMC member, likely
>> one of your mentors.
>>

> +1
>

>> The idea of the "IPMC taking control" seems a little strange - I
>> cannot imagine the IPMC being sufficiently organised/motivated to
>> do that work. Your mentor however, who is also an IPMC member,
>> should be sufficiently motivated.
>>

> Agreed.
>

>> I don't personally want to see the IPMC private list given over to
>> voting in new committers on podlings. That would make, IMO that list
>> pretty unusable. My take on Noel's comments is that the podling should
>> ensure that it has got 3 +1s from IPMC members.
>>

> Correct.  IMO, a notice of the vote to private@ isn't a bad idea, and shouldn't be a
high volume issue.

A suggestion that one of our mentors had made to us was to do a poll for
concerns on the private list to see if PPMC was happy with the committer
to be added to the project (notice and to see if any of PPMC have
concerns). If all went well on the PPMC list, the suggestion was to then
conduct the vote on the public list. So far this has worked quite well.
The vote that I posted to the general list earlier today was done in
this manner.

Carl.