incubator-general mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceMix 3.1.1 (2nd try)
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 06:52:54 GMT

robert burrell donkin wrote:
> On 5/28/07, Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just a friendly reminder.  We're missing anoter IPMC vote ...
>
> issues
> -------
>
> i think that apache-servicemix-3.1.1-incubating.tar.gz has some
> libraries in lib that are missing their LICENSE/NOTICE entries (eg
> howl, jencks)
There are licensed under ASL 2.0 and don't have any NOTICE file afaik.
Should all the jars be listed in the LICENSE / NOTICE file ? My assumption
was that only those who had some attributions somehow or with a
different license
need to be, but correct me if I'm wrong.

> apache-servicemix-3.1.1-incubating-src.zip contains a directory that
> seems like somethings gone wrong (src/C:tmp)
I will fix that.

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/servicemix/tags/servicemix-3.1.1/web/servicemix-web-console/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/sitemesh-decorator.tld
>
> is licensed under "The OpenSymphony Software License, Version 1.1" - i
> can't see this in LICENSE or NOTICE. same goes to
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/servicemix/tags/servicemix-3.1.1/web/servicemix-web-console/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/sitemesh-page.tld
>

> i think that
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/servicemix/tags/servicemix-3.1.1/web/servicemix-web-console/src/main/webapp/js/common.js
>
> requires attribution but i can't see anything in NOTICE
>
> i think that
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/servicemix/tags/servicemix-3.1.1/web/servicemix-web-console/src/main/webapp/js/css.js
>
> is missing from the LICENSE
>
> also
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/servicemix/tags/servicemix-3.1.1/web/servicemix-web-console/src/main/webapp/js/plotkit/*.js
>

> (after re-reading the latest version of
> http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html, i'm not sure how this
> applies javascript and other distributed source. i'll follow this up
> with legal.)
I will add these informations to the LICENSE / NOTICE files.

> otherwise generally ok but i have a few questions
>
> source in
> http://people.apache.org/~gnodet/servicemix-3.1.1-incubating/org/apache/servicemix/samples/wsdl-first/wsdl-first-jsr181-su/3.1.1-incubating/
>
> lacks headers. is this going to be released? if so, are these
> generated?
>
> are the jars under
> http://people.apache.org/~gnodet/servicemix-3.1.1-incubating/ going to
> be released?
>
> servicemix-wsn2005-3.1.1-incubating-sources.jar contains lots of java
> sources without headers (mostly under
> org.apache.servicemix.wsn.jaxws). is this going to be released? if so,
> are these generated?
Yeah, lots of these files are generated.  Files generated are not in svn
so we usually check the headers on the svn tree rather than the source
jars generated by maven.  These jars are not meant to be built for only
contain all the java sources for debugging purposes.   If you want to
build these jars, you need to use the source distribution or use the svn
tag.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet