incubator-general mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: Sending proposal to board: how to?
Date Mon, 28 May 2007 08:18:07 GMT
Niall Pemberton wrote:
> On 5/27/07, Martijn Dashorst <martijn.dashorst@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The graduation guide is a bit vague and incomplete on one point:
>> sending the resolution to the board.
>>
>> It is mentioned in the process description to send a message to the
>> board (to board@), but there are of course no example messages to be
>> found (board@ is not public).
>>
>> It would be nice to add the board@ list from the process description
>> to the graduation guide (which I'll do soon), and perhaps mention a
>> typical message that can be an inspiration for other Podlings.
>>
>> However, for proposing graduation to the IPMC a lot of templates are
>> available, as anyone can search the general@ list for [vote]
>> graduation. Are such templates, or guidelines for communicating with
>> the board available?
>>
>> In its bare essentials I could just send the resolution to board@, but
>> I think that gives the board a bit too much to dig through (what is
>> that podling?, did the IPMC vote, are all status check marks checked?,
>> etc). Of course these would be covered by the IPMC, however I can
>> imagine that a member of the board at least wants to check what the
>> project is.
>
> I think you just need to send the resolution with a note attached
> indicating that the IPMC has voted for Wicket to graduate (with link
> to the relevant vote thread) and a request to include it for
> consideration at the next board meeting. Probably a good idea to cc
> this list - so that people here know that you've sent it - then if it
> gets stuck in moderation or it for some reason doesn't get put on the
> agenda someone can chase it up for you.

It is generally not advised to cross-post between private and public
lists - board list participants might find themselves inadvertently
posting private comments to a public list, or they may find their
comments posted for them by someone else who replies.

You could cc it to, say, the wicket-private list. That is a private list
that you are subscribed to, which means at least _some_ people will be
able to confirm that the message has been received on board@.

Regards, Upayavira

Regards, Upayavira