incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: [docs] Please review first draft of graduation guide
Date Sun, 13 May 2007 20:02:44 GMT
robert burrell donkin wrote:
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html now has a
> reasonable quantity of content. the organisation could probably be
> improved, some necessary content has probably been missed and more
> proof reading would be good. so, this is a good time to post the draft
> for review.
>
> if you can find time, please take a look and post feedback to this
> thread, open a JIRA or just patch the document.

I'm leaping late into this review, looking at the latest on the web
site. Very nice.

A couple suggestions:

(1) "An Open And Diverse Community" section

Let's spell out what we mean by "diverse" and "diversity" -- the actual
graduation requirement is to have at least three legally independent
committers: "The project is not highly dependent on any single
contributor (there are at least 3 legally independent committers and
there is no single company or entity that is vital to the success of the
project)" [1]

Side note: there was a discussion on the women@ list about "diversity"
last August; the discussion thread starts at [2]. One of my guilts is
having not followed up with general@incubator about that discussion.

(2) "Security" section

"These issues may either be dealt with on a separate list or by the
private list."

What "separate" list? Why wouldn't a project address security concerns
on the pmc private list?

over all, this doc is shaping up great. Nice job!

 -jean

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html
[2]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-women/200608.mbox/%3c44DC2288.8090009@rowe-clan.net%3e