incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject PPMC guidance on new committers
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 12:35:34 GMT
Having seen this identical discussion at least half a dozen times,
I've committed changes to the guides/ppmc document removing the
distracting (P) from the discussion on new committers.

The new text says

Only votes cast by Incubator PMC members are binding. If the vote is
positive, and the contributor accepts the responsibility of a
committer for the project, the contributor formally becomes an Apache
committer. An Incubator PMC member should then follow the documented
procedures to complete the process, and CC both the Incubator PMC and
the PPMC when sending the necessary e-mails to root.

I included the redundant "Incubator" in "Incubator PMC" simply to
reinforce Noel's comment that PMC means Incubator PMC.

Craig