incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: BOF Summary (Perpetuating Stereotypes?)
Date Fri, 18 May 2007 06:50:30 GMT
On Tuesday 08 May 2007 04:04, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> how many mentors do we have, who should they be, and what is it they do?
> Yes - this is pretty well spelled out, but it comes up again.  Can we
> expect a certain level of activity/response from them?  Should we ask
> for new mentors when ours go AWOL?

I find this to be an interesting tidbit (yeah, I just got back from my long
trip in Europe...)

How does one know that the Mentor(s) go AWOL??
Since there is no 'heart beat', podlings could tag along quite a while without
knowing that there is no oversight. Of course this is more prevalent in
projects with one Mentor than those who has 3, but still...

Should we perhaps require Mentors to ACK ("Yes, this looks accurate.") the
monthly/quarterly reports, and failure to do so mean the Mentor is AWOL??

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er