incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <>
Subject Re: [POLL] Incubator Maven Repository
Date Sun, 06 May 2007 13:24:37 GMT
On Sunday 06 May 2007 07:57, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> [ X ] use standard repositories
> [ ] relocate repositories under /

I disagree with setting the groupId to org.apache.incubator.<podling>.
I greatly prefer requiring a version string that includes either
incubator or incubating.    (ex: 2.0-incubator,  1.3-incubating, etc..)

Putting it in the group ID causes a MUCH larger set of headaches for both
the project itself as well as all dependent projects upon graduation.
You can also end up with two jars on the classpath with the same code in
it, just different versions.

J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer
P: 781-902-8727    C: 508-380-7194