incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: Sending proposal to board: how to?
Date Mon, 28 May 2007 10:14:46 GMT
On May 28, 2007, at 12:54 AM, Martijn Dashorst wrote:
> The graduation guide is a bit vague and incomplete on one point:
> sending the resolution to the board.
>
> It is mentioned in the process description to send a message to the
> board (to board@), but there are of course no example messages to be
> found (board@ is not public).
>
> It would be nice to add the board@ list from the process description
> to the graduation guide (which I'll do soon), and perhaps mention a
> typical message that can be an inspiration for other Podlings.
>
> However, for proposing graduation to the IPMC a lot of templates are
> available, as anyone can search the general@ list for [vote]
> graduation. Are such templates, or guidelines for communicating with
> the board available?

  * Just send 'em email if you think its needed, in many ways its just
    another mailing list; just do your bit to keep traffic low :-)

  * it's a private list, regular ASF rules for those apply (no CC to
    non-private list, treat responses you get appropriately
confidential)

  * whatever you do, don't send email on behalf of a group if you're
    not actually representing that group. Get consensus first.

  * The board expects PMC chairs to relay the majority of the traffic
    between it and the projects.
    * this TLP proposal thingie is an exception, I guess the expectancy
      is pretty much that the proposed PMC chair sends the e-mail