incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Posting release candidate artifacts to incubator repo
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 20:43:10 GMT
On 4/23/07, kelvin goodson <kelvingoodson@gmail.com> wrote:
> I had some recent comments on a release candidate I posted for
> consideration/voting [1].
> In particular the comment ...
>
> - There are no SDO artifact jars to review, are the SDO jars going to be
> installed to the Apache maven repository?
>
> I want to post my release artifacts to the incubator repo but I'm unsure
> whether this is OK.

i'm not sure i know the official answer but i do have a strong personal opinion

as a release manager,  i would be uncomfortable posting an artifact
anywhere that is mirrored before a release vote. there are a couple of
reasons behind this opinion:

 * in the event of an IP issue with the release, the manager can only
be helped by apache if they are acting on the instructions of apache.
this is only possible after a release vote.
 * i've had bad experiences in the past trying to recall bad releases
from maven repositories

AIUI it would be possible to set up a local repository in your home
directory. others can then configure maven to use this. that's the
approach that i would take.

- robert