incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mentors and members (was: Re: Mentors On IPMC [WAS Re: [Vote] RCFproposal (was: [Proposal] RCF - a rich component library for JSF)])
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 18:31:23 GMT
On 4/10/07, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Craig L Russell wrote:
> > I'm confused. The Process Description [1] seems to be clear:
> >
> > The Mentor is automatically made a member of the Incubator PMC, and
> > reports to both the PMC and the Sponsor about your overall health and
> > suitability for eventual inclusion within the Apache Community (or
> > recommendation to terminate).
>
> -1 to that description.  There *is* an implicit automatic process,

our organisational structure does not allow automatic processes, only
human ones by actors officially recognised by the foundation

> but
> it presumes the Mentor == ASF Member (and all members may join the iPMC
> with a ping-ack).  Veto to that interpretation - you were right... needs
> to be updated.

this is a new and radically different interpretation. changing to this
process a policy vote.

mentors are elected to the IPMC by the proposal approval vote

members who wish to join the IPMC do so by the grace of the chair
(they send a request to the list and then the chair acts)

- robert